Whisky is a drink for all occasions. Whether you're celebrating with friends, enjoying time alone or simply looking to impress someone new, there's always a bottle of whisky that will fit the bill. We've put together this list to help you find the perfect bottle for your dad, mom, friend, boss and other important people in your life.
1. Founder's Choice Single Malt Whisky - Cotswolds Distilling Company
Single malt whisky from the Cotswolds is made with 100% locally grown barley and aged exclusively in casks that are chosen by the Cotswolds Distilling Company founder. These casks are shaved, toasted and re-charred American oak red wine barriques. They give a rich and intense maturation to Cotswolds Single Malt Whisky offering toffee, oak and red fruits notes and beautiful, deep amber colour.
- Nose: Dry hay and cut wood, with dark chocolate and dried figs, and plums in sweet syrup.
- Palate: Warming cereal and toast notes, with lots of fresh red fruits and butterscotch.
- Finish: Hints of spicy oak, lots of dried fruit and a lingering nutty, dry note.
2. Organic Single Malt Scotch Whisky - Nc'nean Distillery
This delicious single malt whisky is made from organic Scottish barley and enhanced with gentle fermentation. The deep, fruity flavors in this spirit are accentuated by distillation to produce an appealing body that's both sweet but not too much for those who prefer their alcohols on the lighter side of things!
Nc'nean Organic Single Malt makes a big impression with the smallest footprint. Every bottle is certified organic, made in a 100% renewable energy distillery and bottled in a 100% recycled glass bottle. Cheers to that!
- Nose: amazing citrus flavours on the nose with subtle notes of ginger and nutmeg.
- Palate: warming notes of citrus, apricot and peach are dancing on the tongue, followed by slightly peppery kicks.
- Finish: dry peppery finish with hints of rye bread.
3. Ragtime Rye Straight Whiskey New York - New York Distilling Co
Ragtime Rye Straight Whiskey is another rye expression lovingly distilled by the New York Distilling Company. This whiskey, made from rye proudly grown in New York State. It is aged exclusively in full-size barrels to ensure robust flavor with a nuanced finish. Perfect for any occasion or cocktail recipe you can think of!
Ragtime Rye Straight Whiskey is bold, slightly spicy and full of warm flavour. Expect lots of rye spice layered over hints of nutmeg, cinnamon and red berries.
4. Single Grain Bordeaux Cask Irish Whiskey - Clonakilty Distillery
The Clonakilty Distillery is a place where nature meets tradition. For their Single Grain Bordeaux Cask Finish, they have chosen an Irish grain grown in sandy nutrient-rich soil on the Atlantic coast and gently cut to perfection with carefully selected barrels from France's famous wine region of Bordeaux for that perfect wood spice finish!
There is something about the taste of whisky that makes it more than just alcohol. Enjoy this single grain whiskey neat, slowly sipping and discovering amazing flavours dancing on your tongue with every sip.
- Nose: toasted oak and sweet red berries.
- Palate: fruity with flavours of strawberries, honey, vanilla and wood spice.
- Finish: wood spice and a hint of cracked pepper.
5. The Norfolk Grain Whiskies - Parched - English Whisky Co.
This single grain whisky from The English Whisky Company might just be one of the best whiskies in Europe. It was awarded 'Best Whisky' by Jim Murray, scoring an outstanding 96.5 points! It was a worthy winner, as you’ll surely agree when you first taste its sweet, creamy tones. An exclusive gift for a special person in your life.
- Nose: sweet buttered toffee popcorn with vanilla. Fresh peaches, grapefruit and lemon rind.
- Palate: rich, creamy palate. Sweet, spicy and dry. The popcorn comes through as does the vanilla.
- Finish is long and lingering, with a subtle nutty character.
6. Smokey - English Whisky Co.
The English - Smokey is a peated edition of the English Single malt whisky lovingly crafted by the English Whisky Company. It offers tantalizing smokiness alongside recognizable vanilla notes that will satisfy any whisky connoisseur, especially an Islay whisky fan!
- Nose: gentle aroma with hints of vanilla, aniseed & ginger,
- Palate: a creamy palate, a little peat initially and then the smoke bomb!
- Finish is long, spicy and, of course, smokey.
7. Corn Whisky - Abasolo
Is your giftee into all things Mexico? Then this bottle of Abasolo El Whisky De Mexico is the best gift option you could think of. This is the first and only corn whisky crafted and distilled from 100% Mexican ancestral corn. This corn only grows at more than 7,000 feet above sea level and is found exclusively in elevated valleys throughout the States of Mexico, Tlaxcala and Puebla.
Abasolo whisky is a unique tipple, with deep notes of roasted corn, honey, vanilla, black tea, and leather, revealed through nixtamalization.
8. Peated Cask Single Malt Whisky - The Cotswold Distilling Company
Peated Cask Single Malt Whisky is a wonderfully balanced rich and fruity whisky with subtle notes of peat smoke. The distillate follows traditional processes, using 100% local Odyssey barley which was floor-malted. Long fermentation and double pot distillation are followed by maturation in ex-peated quarter casks from Scotland.
This whisky is enjoyable sipped neat or mixed into cocktails.
- Nose: Vanilla with light charring and a touch of dried fruits and spice.
- Palate: Creamy peat smoke layered with light fruits and tannin-rich wood.
- Finish: Lasting finish of smoking embers, floral honey and woody sugars.
9. Single Batch Double Oak Irish Whiskey - Clonakilty Distillery
Clonakilty Single Batch Double Oak Finish is the flagship of Clonakilty’s Cask Series. This Irish whiskey was matured in ex-bourbon casks, and finished with virgin American oak; it also contains some shaved red wine European oak from France called "NEOC" or New Era Of Cork for that finishing touch! The spirit has been said to be the first Irish whiskey to be finished in a NEOC cask. Pretty unique thing. Perfect gift for those who want to enrich their whiskey collection with some unique bottles.
- Nose: soft spices, vanilla, fresh-cut grass, slightly perfumed, ripe apple/pear notes. Fresh leather tones.
- Palate: cubeb pepper and ginger. Fresh cut grass, hazelnut and almond notes.
- Finish: long finish with vanilla sweetness and spices lingering on the palate.
10. Age Statement 11 y. o. - English Whisky Co.
The English - 11 Yr has a deep flavor that will be sure to please any whisky drinker. With notes of fruits and oak, this single malt is matured for eleven years before being bottled at 46% ABV!
A complex nose with citrus, baked apples and hints of almonds give way to a taste that is fruity with some lovely oak overtones; all ending with a rich, oily and slightly dry finish.