Looking for an easy rum cake recipe for your Christmas party? This one is simple to follow and will make your guests think you're a baking extraordinaire. Rum cake is the perfect dessert for winter celebrations, so roll up your sleeves and get ready to bake!
Ingredients for Rum Cake:
- 1 3/4 cups (245g) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (35g) corn starch
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (170g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/3 cups (260g) granulated sugar (or 1/3 cups brown sugar plus 1 cup granulated sugar)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) oil (rapeseed, sunflower, olive)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (120ml) heavy cream (or milk)
- 1/2 cup (120ml) Dark Matter Spiced Rum
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 60ml - water
- 150g - granulated sugar
- 60ml - dark rum
1. Whip up butter for 5 minutes until fluffy. Add sugar rum, vegetable oil, eggs, vanilla extract and continue whisking beating until white.
2. In a separate bowl, mix flour, salt, corn starch and baking powder.
3. Combine two mixtures in a large bowl and add whipped cream.
4. Grease a muffin tin (with a hole in the middle) and sprinkle with flour. Fill out the form with dough and put the cake in an oven preheated to 175 degrees. Bake for 50-60 minutes.
5. Make the syrup to soak the cake. Cooking syrup. We heat water, dissolve sugar in it, boil for a few minutes. Cool and add rum.
6. Using a brush, saturate the warm cake - spread a layer of syrup, wait a bit until it is absorbed, and repeat. When cool, sprinkle with icing sugar and serve.
Your rum cake is ready! You can also top it with frosting made of 1 cup of icing sugar and 60ml 35% heavy cream or with chocolate. Enjoy!
For more booze bakes recipes, check out this blog. Here you can find 4 delicious desserts with alcohol to warm up your heart.