Kick start this April by making some nice and refreshing drinks that contain no booze. These are some delicious and easy-to-make recipes that will give you the feeling of a cocktail without the side effects.
Tips for making alcohol-free cocktails at home
- Never skip the garnish part. There are plenty of cool and interesting garnish ideas you can try — from classic lemon and orange twists to various berries, herbs, and spices.
- Glassware makes the difference. A drink served in sophisticated glassware, such as copa glass or nice tumbler glass will look and taste more special.
- Experiment with syrups. They are highly important ingredients in mocktails. Try to make your syrup more complex and versatile by adding bitters, herbs, spices, etc while it simmers. Then strain it, let it cool, and make some delicious drinks!
- When life gives you lemons, squeeze them and pour them into your drink. Use lemon juice to balance the flavors in your cocktails so they don't become too sweet.
Feel the taste of upcoming summer vacations with this fruity cocktail created by Caleño Drinks. Featuring their non-alcoholic tropical aperitif, passionfruit and vanilla extract.
- 50ml Caleño Light and Zesty
- 1 passionfruit or passionfruit puree
- 15ml vanilla syrup
Pour all ingredients into a high glass over ice and top with soda water. Enjoy!
Try the tantalizing combination of seaweed, citrus, and pine tones balanced with super refreshing and subtly sweet green tea notes.
Easy as pie — pour the aperitif in a highball glass over ice, top up with a mixer, and garnish with mint. You are ready to go!
GallivantGallivant is a seductive zero booze cocktail created by Nonsuch Shrubs. It is rich and fruity but not overwhelming. Enjoy the touch of coconut complemented by bittersweet apple and cardamom notes. Perfect for your springtime nightcap.
- 50ml coconut water
- 25ml Bittersweet Apple and Cardamom Shrub
- 100ml tonic water
Blend ingredients in a shaker with ice. Stir slightly and strain into glass. Optionally, garnish with a slice of apple.
Mango & Citrus Mocktail
Feel the taste of summer with this non-alcoholic fruit bomb. Delicious aromas of orange, lemon, and mango will captivate your taste buds.
- 100ml of orange juice
- 1 scoop of lemon sorbet
- 50ml mango nectar
- 50ml soda water
- Orange wheels — to garnish
Mix orange juice and sorbet in a jar or shaker. Put plenty of crushed ice in a highball glass, add mango nectar and pour a splash of soda water. Stir the mixture. Top up with orange and sorbet. Garnish with orange wheels and serve.
Two Keys Festive Mimosa
Looking for something high-class and sophisticated? This cranberry attraction is exactly what you need! Treat your friends with Festive Mimosa cocktails, created by amazing Two Keys Mixers.
Pour shrub, juice, and mixer into a champagne glass, top up with low-abv sparkling wine. Add your favorite berries as a garnish and enjoy!
Our friends at Warner’s Distillery created a perfect cocktail recipe for your next barbeque. Our advice: make at least 8 portions and bottle the cocktail (without ice), because you will definitely want more of it.
- 30ml Warner's Pink Berry 0% Botanic Garden Spirits
- 15ml lemon juice
- 7.5ml sugar syrup (To make sugar syrup: 2 parts granulated sugar and 1 part water.)
- Belvoir Light Raspberry Lemonade — to top
Shake the ingredients (except lemonade) with plenty of ice. Use a shaker or a jar. Strain into a chilled glass, and top up with lemonade. Enjoy!
Black Pepper Non-Alcoholic Gin & Tonic
This recipe is for all those sober-curious gin-runners out there. Caleño Light and Zesty is a delicious non-alcoholic alternative to gin. Try this zero booze variation of classical G & T.
- Freshly ground black pepper.
- 45ml Caleño Light and Zesty
- Tonic water — to top
- Lemon, orange, or inca berry (of your choice) — to garnish
Pour zesty zero booze gin alternative into a glass filled with plenty of ice and add a splash tonic. Season with ground pepper, garnish with a slice of lemon or orange (you can also add in inca berry — works great) and serve!